Weather permitting, there will be nightly lane closures within the project area to remove additional sections of the paint containment system and to perform pavement patching. Lane closures will be implemented as follows:
I-265 Eastbound at the I-65 ramp (for pavement patching):
- Friday, September 16 at 9 p.m. to Saturday morning, September 17 at 6 a.m.
- Saturday, September 17 at 9 p.m. to Sunday morning, September 18 at 6 a.m.
Access to I-65 North and I-65 South will remain open from I-265 Eastbound.
I-64 Westbound on the Sherman Minton Bridge (for paint containment removal):
- Monday, September 19 at 10 p.m. to Tuesday morning, September 20 at 6 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 20 at 10 p.m. to Wednesday morning, September 21 at 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 21 at 10 p.m. to Thursday morning, September 22 at 6 a.m.
- Thursday, September 22 at 10 p.m. to Friday morning, September 23 at 6 a.m.
One westbound lane will remain open and all westbound ramps within the project corridor will remain accessible during these lane closures. Delays are expected, and motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes where possible.