Weather permitting, there will be nightly lane closures on westbound I-64 for removal of the paint containment system, as painting of one span of the truss has been completed. Lane closures will be implemented on or after 10 p.m. through 6 a.m. the following morning.
The lane closures will take place as follows:
- Monday, August 8 at 10 p.m. to Tuesday morning, August 9 at 6 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 9 at 10 p.m. to Wednesday morning, August 10 at 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 10 at 10 p.m. to Thursday morning, August 11 at 6 a.m.
- Monday, August 15 at 10 p.m. to Tuesday morning, August 16 at 6 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 16 at 10 p.m. to Wednesday morning, August 17 at 6 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 17 at 10 p.m. to Thursday morning, August 18 at 6 a.m.
- Thursday, August 18 at 10 p.m. to Friday morning, August 19 at 6 a.m.
Crews will be working above the closed lanes at various times to remove the paint containment system on the truss. Please be aware of crews working and use caution while driving.
One westbound lane will remain open and all westbound ramps within the project corridor will remain accessible during these lane closures. Delays are expected, and motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes where possible.