There will be nightly right lane closures on westbound I-64 from March 9 through the morning of March 12 to allow crews to install the painting containment system and repair pavement on the top deck of the Sherman Minton bridge.
Westbound closure durations include:
- WB I-64 Wednesday March 9 at 10 p.m. to Thursday March 10 at 6 a.m.
- WB I-64 Thursday March 10 at 10 p.m. to Friday March 11 at 6 a.m.
- WB I-64 Friday March 11 at 10 p.m. to Saturday March 12 at 9 a.m.
In addition, the left lane on eastbound I-64 that crosses the top deck of the bridge will be closed nightly from March 12 through the morning of March 14.
Eastbound closure durations include:
- EB I-64 left lane Saturday March 12 at 10 p.m. to Sunday March 13 at 9 a.m.
- EB I-64 left lane Sunday March 13 at 9 p.m. to Monday March 14 at 5 a.m.
All ramps within the project corridor will remain accessible during these lane closures.
The nightly right lane closure on eastbound I-64 will remain in effect from March 7 through the morning of March 12. These lane closures will affect access to I-64 from Spring Street and from I-64 to I-264.
Delays are expected and motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes where possible.