Public involvement is a key part of the planning process
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) and the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) are committed to delivering a safe and cost-effective project while working to minimize disruption to drivers. The Project Team will seek input from the public before recommending a final approach for FHWA approval.
INDOT has initiated an environmental study for the project, as required by the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The environmental study will include a full analysis of the social, economic and environmental impacts of the project, and consideration of ways to avoid, minimize or mitigate those impacts.
Open Houses were July 23 and July 25, 2019More Details
Ways to Stay Informed
In addition to this website, there are many ways for people to stay informed and share their opinions.
- Open houses – The Project Team will host four open houses, two during fall 2018 and two during summer 2019.
- Stakeholder meetings – The Project Team will also meet with neighborhood and community groups, business organizations and other stakeholders.
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Email – Comments can be sent using the contact form on this website.
In an effort to keep the public better informed, members of the Sherman Minton Renewal Project Team are available to attend meetings held by other organizations to provide project updates. To request a presentation, use the contact form on this website. Please include the following information:
- The size of the group
- The group’s current knowledge of the project and what they’d like to learn
- What impact the project may have on the group’s members
- The date, time and location of the meeting